Roadmap to Age With Power
- Know where you’re starting. What are your goals? Why? What is your motivation? No guilt, no judgement, no bad talk to yourself, just where we are and where you want to go.
- Get your data. The usual: height, weight, blood pressure, and pulse. Your BMI (body mass index) can then be calculated. We will measure you with an InBody 770 to get specific accurate numbers of your lean tissue, water (both inside and outside your cells), and your fat, in each arm, each leg, and your trunk.
- What is your medical history and metabolic lab values? There are 5 must handle issues: anemia, blood sugar dysregulation, fatty acid composition, detoxification, and autoimmune disease control. Anemia then you do not get enough oxygen to tissues for growth and repair. That will slow your progress. Let us know if you are anemic. Blood sugar problems are rampant in society. There are 30 million diabetics and 1/3 of the US adult population (20 yrs. old and above) is pre diabetic. The costs are staggering (25% of all healthcare dollars!!) and it’s related to all other major killers: Heart disease, strokes, cancer, and Alzheimer’s disease, as well as obesity, which are all pre-existing conditions that make you susceptible to Covid-19! Fatty acid composition is important because these are the molecules that make up your cell membranes. If you do not have the right ratio, you are likely to have greater inflammation which is linked to all the major killers again. Toxins are another issue. There are no more stressed organs than your liver and kidneys. We are all exposed to toxins in many forms. The key is to eat clean organic real whole foods as much as possible. Avoid processed and ultra-processed foods, trans fats, and those foods containing high-fructose corn syrup. We can get into specifics and educate you on detox programs through our online educational platform. Think of your food as medicine because it is and you are worth it. Organic vegetables, grass fed and range free meats, as well as wild fish. Autoimmunity again is a chronic inflammatory problem where the body attacks itself. An example is low thyroid function where approximately 70% of the cases are autoimmune. We address these individually to figure out all the possible underlying factors that cause flare ups and progression.
- What are optimal (not normal!) lab values to Age with Power? We are going to keep it simple but there are more than what we can list here. If you improve these value’s there is a great chance you’ve significantly reduced your risk of disease. Fasting blood sugar <90, fasting insulin <6.0, BMI <25, hs-CRP <1.0, Homocysteine <7.0, Omega quant .5-3.0, Vit. D3 >50, Hem A1C <5.6, Cholesterol >150, HDL >50, Triglycerides <150 and ALT 25.
- Exercise – Muscle mass and strength are key. Strength training use heavy weight slowly with good form 1-2X/week. Then we use HIIT or high intensity interval training to improve cardiovascular function, blood sugar control, and fat burning. You warm up then perform sprints (I like 30 sec. sprints) with 90 second rest periods in between with the goal of 8 sprints. We use our Age with Power suite which includes our Power Plates, bioDensity, and reACT systems for strength improvement. We use our Vasper system for interval training. In about 1 hour/week we see substantial results.
- Sleep – Sleep is so important you need proper rest. We recommend you get 7-8 hrs per night for optimal results. You can improve your sleep without medication.
- PEMF – Pulsed electromagnetic field therapy is a great additional “biohack” we utilize.