Chiropractic Care for Heart Disease
According to the CDC, heart disease kills about 610,000 people a year in the U.S. Chiropractic care can actually be quite effective in treating or preventing cardiovascular disease.
The central nervous system is responsible for many functions including the heart’s. The heart is connected to the central nervous system by millions of tiny connections. For example, the autonomic nervous system which controls the entire body is connected to the vagus nerve which send signals from the brain. Together these nerves maintain heart rate and blood pressure which is important for good heart health.
Chiropractic care focuses on eliminating restrictions such as misalignments which affect central nervous system function. Since getting the central nervous system to function at its best is the goal of a chiropractor, then it should be no surprise why chiropractic care is recommended for treating and preventing heart disease.
The following are the benefits of chiropractic care for the heart:
- Studies show that a chiropractic adjustment can lower blood pressure.
- Improves nerve function of the heart along with the lungs, gastrointestinal tract, kidneys, bladder, sex organs and almost every other part of the body.
- Reduces the risk of heart disease by decreasing blood markers of inflammation.
- Improves heart rate variability which is important for living longer, people with heart issues usually have a poor variability.
- Since chest pain is usually a musculoskeletal issue, a chiropractic adjustment is usually the solution to decreasing that pain.
- Studies have shown that chiropractic care can improve lung function including in patients with asthma and emphysema.