Three Stretches To Improve Posture
Posture is important and not only because of appearance. It helps alleviate back pain and the long-term effects that may have on overall health.
Stretching improves flexibility. It is an effective way to improve posture.
Here are chiropractor-recommended stretches you can perform to improve your posture.
Wall angels help strengthen the muscles between your shoulder blades and also work your chest muscles and core.
- Perform a squat with your back against a wall.
- Rest your arms against the wall with your elbows at a 90 degree angle.
- Bring your shoulders back and retract your blades together in attempt to get them to touch each other.
- Now move your arms up and down.
- Perform 10 reps.
Thoracic Spine Opener
The thoracic spine opener helps thoracic mobility and reduces stress along your spine.
- Lie on your right side.
- Take your left knee and place on top of a foam roller.
- Extend your right shoulder towards the opposite side to the ground.
- Hold stretch for a few seconds and repeat on opposite side.
Hip Flexor Stretch
Hip flexor stretching loosens up your hip and can help relieve lower back pain.
- Get in a resting lunge position with your right knee down.
- Push your hips forward and raise your left arm above your head.
- Hold the stretch for a few seconds and repeat on the opposite side.
Incorporating these three stretches into your routine can provide great benefits to posture.
If you have concerns or questions regarding your posture or other pain symptoms you should schedule a consultation with your local chiropractor.